Wednesday, July 27, 2011

EMERGENCY!!

Sometimes totally unexpected things happen. Like you're swimming and get attacked by a shark, or you're eating a hamburger and you bite into a piece of plastic. Something that's not totally unreasonable to expect but it shocks you because these things happen so rarely. Until it happens to you, that is.

I just sent out this mayday email to my boyfriend.

D!

THERE'S A BIG SPIDER IN THE FRIDGE! IT'S ALIVE! AND I CAN'T GET IT OUT!!! COME AS SOON AS YOU CAN!!!

What the hell??!!!! What is it doing in there? I've heard all that "it's more afraid of you than you are of it" rubbish, but hey, I got brave and tried to get it out with a cup and IT WOULDN'T COME OUT! I just finished falafal and pita bread, and what goes better with falafal and pita then tasty ripe red grapes? I reached in the fridge and pulled out the carton of grapes and that's when I saw a big daddy long legs swinging from the top shelf.

As gross as it was, I felt kind of sorry for it because really, who wants to die in a fridge?

But. It. Wasn't. Dead!!!!

I don't know what to do now. What if it escapes from the fridge and runs loose in the apartment?!

I turned the fridge temperature to "freezing" and am currently awaiting rescue.

And I lost my appetite for grapes.


* Update: D came home and was forced to search the fridge for the spider. He likes spiders and was very sympathetic to its plight and upset that I tried to freeze it but ha! he still agreed that it was a rather large spider!

2 comments: