Pages

▼

Monday, June 22, 2015

Coastal sunset


This is sunset on the Oregon coast.

It's simple to recreate:

Start at the end of the day, just as campfires begin to blaze ↓


Dress warmly, as summer is often a nice theory rather than an actual event ↓



Head towards the ocean as the last surfers roll in on pink waves and the sunset-watchers dash out to the water's edge ↓


Enjoy a moment of solitude↓


Set off in the direction of the sinking sun  ↓


Find a vantage point, ideally any higher ground ↓


Wait for it ↓


When the light is almost gone (no green flash here), carefully pick your way down off the rocks ↓


Leave the last strands of light in the sky and head south, towards indoors, for a hot cup of tea before bed ↓


Hope you give it a try sometime : )

10 comments:

  1. These are beautiful photos! I don't get to the beach as often as I'd like, but beach sunsets are always the best. And I like to drink tea before bed too. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sage! I bet you guys see some amazing sunsets there in Florida :)

      Delete
  2. These photos are stunning - I love the way you described the journey, it made me feel like I was really experiencing it with you. Now I need a beach holiday to try it out in real life ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Georgie : ) Hope you get that beach holiday soon! You're in Australia, right?

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos! Makes me want to go to the coast...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the way you narrated the story of your time at the beach and in pursuit of the setting sun. A lovely little escape to the beach. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Kerryn :) I'm working on setting an intentional day now, thanks to you!

      Delete
  5. I love the photos and story you are telling.

    ReplyDelete