Thursday, July 28, 2011

Packing, Part 1

How much stuff do you really need to travel with?

My favorite quote- Patagonia founder Yvon Chouinard:
"As far as gear goes, you don't need any of that shit. Nobody needs that stuff. If it makes people feel better to have a garage full of the very best gear available, great- I'll sell it to them. We're going to keep making the stuff, make it as good as we can, as functional as we can, but I don't have any illusions that it's very necessary. If you want real adventure, you leave all that at home and encourage the birds to shit on your head. That's when you start having adventure."

Yeah, he's talking about technical equipment and fancy outdoor clothes, but the idea is the same. I'm posting this now because I want to come back to this later....packing!

What would you take if you were moving abroad? Would you let the birds shit on your head if that meant real adventure?

1 comment:

  1. As for me, even if I go to business trip for two weeks, my bags always total not less than 28 kilos...

    ReplyDelete