Monday, September 5, 2011

Ode to Ukrainian apples!

As far as fruits and veggies go, I'd only eaten 2 bananas and half a cucumber since I arrived here a week ago. Isn't that sad, especially since there are countless corner stands with food like plums, pears, watermelon, herbs, and tomatoes? The watermelon stands are funny.... they stack the watermelon up in a big cage just like you see colorful rubber balls sold at Walmart. Anyways, I managed to add some radish and cucumber (in a raw salad) to my lunch and pick up some apples on the way to the metro. Check these out:
They're not all shiny and polished like they are at a U.S. grocery store and some of them have some spots to cut out, but they are the ABSOLUTE tastiest apples I've ever eaten! And a kilo (2 lbs) only costs $1....

No comments:

Post a Comment